Requirements: 8.0 and up | root optional
Overview: AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android.
A Free and Open Source ad blocker for Android.
The application is available for rooted and non-rooted devices.
Using rooted device, the application update your system hosts file that contains a list of mappings between host names and IP addresses.
Using non-rooted device, the application use the VPN feature to block outgoing connections to ads and trackers.
So when an app requests an ad or a tracker from a host in that file, this request is redirected to the local IP 127.0.0.1, which does nothing.
You can download predefined ads and blocker lists as hosts files from within the app to incorporate. It is also possible to use your own files and to add certain hosts to allowed and blocked lists.
There are options to run a local web server to respond to blocked host names and to direct requests to the IP address of your choosing instead.
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Fix connectivity change detection in VPN mode
Update mongoose web server
Update target SDK to Android 12
Special thanks to 8asuj6m2 for its contribution.
★★★ MOD ★★★
1. Languages: EN / RU / UK.
2. Debug information has been removed.
3. Removed unnecessary junk from the APK.
4. Changed standard “Hosts” to 1Hosts (Pro), Goodbye Ads, w3bsit3-dns.com Community Hosts Blacklist (with blocked r.mail.ru and graph.facebook.com).
5. The signature has been changed.
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: credit ItzSetnex
Trouble downloading? Read https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944.
Categories: Internet & Network