Requirements: 4.1 and up
Overview: File Widget lets you browse and view your files directly on your home screen.
It can display images and plain text files, such as your favourite photos or a to-do list, right alongside your app icons.
It’s also a complete file manager allowing you to create, move, copy, rename and delete files and folders without the need for another app (upgrade required).
Once installed it can be found in the widget drawer of your app launcher. To use it, long press on an empty area of your home screen and choose Widgets. Tap and hold on File Widget and drag it into place.
With this version you can:
– Browse your files in list or gallery view
– Display images, plain text files and PDFs
– Open and share files
– Choose between five different themes
– Use one widget at a time
After upgrading you can also:
– Use multiple widgets at once
– Create new folders and text files
– Move, copy, rename and delete files and folders
– Only the following file types can be displayed: JPG, PNG, GIF, TXT and PDF. Animated GIFs will not animate.
– If you are running Android 4.4 (KitKat) the file management features will not work with files stored on a removable SD card. This is a KitKat limitation.
– New Recent tab showing files and folders previously displayed in a widget
– New single page PDF view
– Added thumbnails for PDF files
– Added option to change the size of items in gallery view
– Use compact list items setting is now per widget instead of global to all widgets
– PDFs are now viewable on Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4
– Various bug fixes and improvements
This app has no advertisements
Trouble downloading? Read https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=649944.
Categories: Home Screen & Widgets